Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Just one picture

I have to share this picture, it is my first ever non-garter stitch mattress stitch seam!!!! My first ever sleeve sewn to a sweater!!! Yay me!! I was so pleased, the sleeve fit in exactly!!! I did sew 1/2 of the other sleeve but didn't like how it turned out so I took it out again. I'll be sure to finish it tomorrow. See the rest of the Haiku here.

The suggestion from "The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques" by Nancie M. Wiseman to start sewing at the top of the sleeve with just 1/2 the length of yarn instead at the bottom with all the yarn has helped a lot! I wasn't sure I would get much out of this book as most of the information is covered in other references that I have; but there are jewels of information hidden in there and the pictures included are very clear.
Haiku

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?