Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Finished Haiku Picture

Here it is, the finished Haiku from Knitty.com!! I learned a lot on this sweater. It is mostly Garter Stitch but knitting it sideways gave it interest and the block stitch looks good with it. I learned that it is ok to have different gauges in the sleeves. Having the 'top' part of the sleeve longer than the bottom can actually look good. It is important for me to know that I don't have to keep everything exactly the same. I learned how to sew a nice seam in garter stitch fabric to close the shoulders, I have always tried to use 3-needle bindoff before this. Finally I learned how to sew a sleeve into the body of a sweater. It is great that I picked such a well written pattern that the sleeve fit perfectly with no 'adjusting' needed!

The colour is off a bit on the picture, the center button is really pink not red, the other buttons are yellow and orange though. I hope my niece and SIL like the sweater. I will be giving it to my niece in August for her birthday.

Haiku

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?