Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Tink'ing fun fur

... isn't fun at all. I was almost finished the 'shapely scarf' Saturday night. I had only 4" of scarf left to bind off when I ran out of yarn. I really should have known better but I did think I had enough. I had to undo the entire bind off row and the previous row, this took almost 3 hrs. Then I could finally start the bind off again which took 1/2 hr. At least I know that the chances of this yarn unravelling on it's own is very remote. This stuff likes to stick to itself and wrap around itself something fierce.

I finally completed the scarf late Sunday night, early Monday morning. I just have to weave in ends and get hubby to take a picture so I can share with you all. This scarf took 3 balls of Fun Fur in the colour Tropical. Based on where I ran out of yarn when binding off the first time I figure there was about 8/10th of a row worth of yarn left when I finished. The ends are only 3.5" wide instead of 4" but it seems fine to me.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?