Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hat #2

This is obviously not a baby hat. The pattern said it was, but it obviously ended up too big. I even got gauge at least I'm pretty sure I did, there is a slight chance that I got 4.8 sts to the inch instead of 5 sts to the inch, that wouldn't make much difference over 100 stitches would it? *sigh* I think my 3.5 year old nephew might be able to wear it, but it's not so good for the 2 yr old it was intended for. You can see it below modeled by a 20 month old, I think it actually fit me better.

18m - 4yr Hat Pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns

This hat was completed on Monday at the "Knitting and Beer" meeting, great fun was had by all. Maktaaq started her skirt again, we think she might actually finish it this time instead of ripping it out after just a few inches. Janet started a new tank top which she is converting to be knit in the round and will customize to meet her exact needs from a tank top. Christine was working on something new as well, once again on small needles with fine yarn. I wish I had the patience to do fine work like that, but with my limited time I'm focusing on instant gratification projects or at least ones where I can see some progress after only a row or two. I'll be sticking with Worsted Weight or bigger for the next year or so I think. :)
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?