Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Fun with Word

My eyes are feeling very square today. All I did all day was create letters in Word based on names and addresses in Excel. I was going to get all fancy and "Mail Merge" but I realized that the person who created the Excel sheet hadn't bothered to split out the First and Last names, and had them in the ever popular "Last, First" format. This does not look good on a letter eg. "Dear Smith, John, We are writing to tell you that..." Sigh, back I went to manually typing in all the names and addresses.

The downside of all of this typing was that I was so brain dead by lunch that I couldn't even knit! And tomorrow I will be in a 4 her teleconference/lecture and won't be able to knit there either! 4 hrs of listening and learning and my poor hands will be idle. I may just sneak it in anyway and see if anyone notices. Wait, there will only be 3 of us in there, and at least one of the other 2 would frown on my knitting and mention it not to my boss, but to his boss. *sigh* don't you just love office politics?

No new progress on the Haiku. I have decided once and for all that when I start knitting on it again I will keep following the pattern and just let the sleeves be longer across the back of the hand. It is a hard one to knit at work now that I have both sleeves on one circular needle. The yarn also leaves lots of lovely pink and white lint behind on my dark dress pants so I can only bring it to work when I am wearing my grey dress pants or on Fridays when I can wear jeans.

I am still plugging away on the Rambling Rows baby blanket. I hope to get an updated picture taken and posted soon.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?