Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

KIP!

In a bar no less! I finally made it to my 2nd Knitting and Beer meeting, and my first one at Connections Bar and Grill. It was fun. 4 other people showed up and we all knit and talked about everything from Vintage knitting patterns (when did the 80's become vintage anyway?), to the commitment made when bringing home a pet.

I got a good start on my Haiku, the first 3" of garter stitch and the first 2 repeats of the box stitch. Then I decided that I didn't like the way the newly cast on stitches were separated from the original stitches, so I ripped out all the box stitch and carefully put the garter stitch row back on my needle. There were a few comments of "what are you doing?!" but it had to be done. There was a noticable hole between the first new stitch and the last old stitch and since it is right at the neckline it would be noticed. I just couldn't live with it so it had to be ripped back. At least all my stitches stayed where they belonged and let me place them back on the needles without trying to run away.

I cast on the new stitches using the "e" cast on or "backwards loop" cast on, it seems to have worked better. I haven't looked too closely though. I'm not quite sure what I will do if I look closely and notice a similar large hole. I may just have to give up on this little sweater no matter how cute it is. Any suggestions on how to get this cast on 'perfect' are very welcome.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?