Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Just One More

I've gone and done it. I've cast on for Another project. This time I'm making Haiku from Knitty.com. I want to make something for my niece who is turning 1 in August a week before Cole turns 2. I don't really want to do another Wallaby, but I still want a fairly easy project that will go quickly. I loved the way the vest turned out and asked if they would like one for Meighan, but SIL laughed and said something about Chandler and Sweater Vests in reference to Friends I believe, so a sweater it is.

The
Haiku looks pretty good and I can use the yarn I was going to use for a Wallaby for her. I will be using Bernat DenimStyle in Weathered Rose, a nice soft pink with white twist. This yarn is soooo soft I love working with it! Haiku demands a gauge swatch in order to determine the number of stitches to cast on and off and on again. I actually got gauge with this yarn using 1 size up for needles. I will be using size 9 Addi Turbos instead of the size 8 suggested on the yarn label, but I am getting 4.5 stitches per inch. Now if I could just figure out how to cast on the partial stitches I would be all set :) Just Kidding. I have decided that as long as I am consistent in how many I cast on and off at the various points it will all work out :)
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?