Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

February KIP

Tomorrow is the Knitting Meetup at StarBucks. I'm really looking forward to it. I had fun at the last meeting and this time it looks like we will have an extra 2 people attending. One has even done some work as a Knitting Instructor! That will be great in case we run into trouble... Or I could bug her about how to weave in all those ends on my Rambling Rows Afghan! Then again maybe we will just have fun knitting :)

My thoughts on the ends is to work up along the edge of the block until I find a few stitches in a row and then weave in as normal. I am a little worried that the part where I am working up to those stitches will look funny. Also I have been doing what the booklet suggested for the starting ends, of working the end doubled with main yarn on the 2nd row for about 5 stitches and then clipping. But some of the ends I have clipped are working thier way through already, so I think I need to leave a bit more of an end and work back a stitch to 'lock' it. Something to think about for the rest of the afghan.


A few months ago I was talking about giving up the Meetup meetings and going with the Knitting and Beer meetings. It seemed like they had a more consistant group and the first meeting with them was very kewl. However I haven't made it back to a K&B meeting yet and they have since moved the meetings back to the bar. I just can't quite picture myself knitting in a bar. Also it has been several years since I've actually been to a bar, I know I don't get out much, so I keep wondering if they still allow smoking in Burnaby bars. If they do then I'm really not sure I want to expose my knitting to smoke. The smell just clings and clings to everything. I'll have to ask about that.

So I am thrilled to be able to go to these monthy meetings arranged by Cerabear at the Vancouver Knitting Meetup Group.

It's been a while since I've posted a WIP picture so here you go, one of Rambling Rows in all it's WIP glory and one of Spooky inspecting my work :)


It's cute how he is so serious about checking all the details. He has since decided that the blanket is OK and is sleeping on it purrfectly content. :)
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?