Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Missing Knitting

I haven't been able to knit since Saturday. I have been busy, busy, busy at work and both days this week they brought in lunch so somehow I managed to not take the full hour away from my desk. I just ate my lunch and went right back to work, no knitting time. My mother is coming to visit tomorrow so since Sunday I have been cleaning up the house. Nothing like parents coming to visit to get me checking for dust bunnies.

I didn't even make it to the Knit and Beer group yesterday. I hope they had a good meeting, the numbers seemed to be dwindling on the Knitting Meetup board. It would have been lovely to sit and knit and relax away from home and work for a while. Hopefully I can make it to the next meeting, Dec 14th or Dec 20th depending on if enough people can get together on the 14th.

I think I am going to give up on the Burnaby Bread Garden Meetup. By the day of the last meeting I think only 1 person was confirmed and there weren't any reviews listed afterwards saying how it went. Not to mention the fact that the Bread Garden on Central Boulevard was closed for renovations, so I'm not sure where they would have gone for the actual Meetup, maybe back to the food court or another coffee shop nearby.

I can' wait to just sit quietly and knit. The boa scarf is just sitting in it's little bag waiting to be worked on. It is a cute furry little strip of fabric, it would be good for it to be finished sometime. It has a fairly early deadline, it must be done before December 22nd as this is the last day that Cole is in daycare before Christmas. I hope she likes it. I have no idea what she wears when she isn't looking after kids. When I was looking at the yarns available I picked the Ostrich colour-way so that it would be sort of neutral. I hope it works that way. Most people that have seen it have liked it. One person said that if she doesn't like it then she will "re-gift" it and someone will enjoy it in the end. *laff*
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?