Just a simple little blog to talk about my knitting, my cats, my wonderful son, and perhaps other things in my life.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Showing Off

I'm just showing off by posting this picture. I am very proud of this sweater. It isn't a recent project, it was finished in the summer, but Cole has only been able to wear it recently and I think he looks sooo cute in his red cabled sweater. Doesn't he look proud of himself?
This sweater was originally started for my nephew but he outgrew it before it was finished. It languished in it's project bag until after Cole was born and then I pulled it out and had it finished for me. Most of it is knit by me but I wanted to make sure that it was finished in time for Cole to wear it so a lovely lady offered to help. You can't even see where her work starts and mine leaves off. She did a great job and I am so pleased to be able to dress Cole in this lovely sweater that was made from my love and her generosity.

I will be going to my first meeting of the "Knitting and Beer" group tomorrow night. They seem very welcoming from their blog and I am eager to be part of a group of people that share the same interest. The last time I was in that kind of community it was when I was taking a series of knitting classes with the same people. It will be much better to not have to pay to be with other knitters . I am really looking forward to it, but also a little nervous. I haven't had good luck with knitting meetings. I have been to two Knitting Meetup meetings in Burnaby; at first only 1 other person showed up, at the second 1 other person showed up but left before I arrived. From the feedback I think we missed each other by minutes. Oh well, it sounds like there will be a good turn out tomorrow. (I had to use that smiley, it was just too cute!!)
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?